21 March 2013

1/100 - Kate


I spotted Kate on Camden High Street on my way to work this morning. In the last few days I have carried my camera to work with me (I tell you, carrying a DSLR in a women's handbag is both uncomfortable and painful) but didn't see anyone walking slowly enough for me to dare to approach them. Then Kate came along, wearing that unmissable blue helmet and a very stylish outfit that complemented her retro bike really well. She also looked a lot like Adele - those cheekbones! - which drew my attention after I initially saw the helmet. Kate studies Fashion Marketing at university and was on her way there when I stopped her. 

She immediately agreed to a photo, and I was so nervous I only took this one shot of her, not wanting to hold her up. Due to the nerves I missed the focus on her face by a few inches, which I am unhappy with but there you go. As the first photo in this series I am still quite happy with it, though the background could be better. I'll have to learn to calmly consider my surroundings for these photos.

I have to say, I got quite a buzz from the experience, must be the adrenaline. If so, it is probably addictive, meaning I will just have to go out and take more photos of strangers... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment