6 April 2013

5&6/100 - Radina and Mithi


I'm terribly behind with this blog, had a very busy week - but the reason it exists is for me to collect my thoughts about the project and keep me on track, so here I am again. The above two photos were taken last weekend, at Trafalgar Square where I spotted the girls (their style stood out among the blandly dressed tourists) on my way to the gallery. It was cold - my hands were trembling as I fished out my cards to give to them, so as much as I'd have like to talk to them more, I hurried into the gallery without much thought after exchanging a few words and taking their pictures, even though they seemed like interesting people. So I was very happy when I received emails from them later; it turns out that Radina speaks Japanese and Korean and is into that culture, and Mithi is an art student. With Mithi we talked about many random things, she seems like a lovely person! This is when I really feel what the project is about - to get to know more interesting people. I've always been more of a listener than a talker (except among my closest friends, but I could count them on one hand) in the sense that I prefer to hear about other people instead of talking about myself. That doesn't mean I'm a pushover, it's just curiosity - people fascinate me, in the best sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment